Sunday, June 20, 2010

Time for your appointment with the Wicker Man...


Since we're coming up on the Summer Solstice and Mice Templar Volume 2.2 is coming out in July, it seemed a good time to give you all a gander at this illo I did for aforementioned title. Each book has a great little breakdown on the influences and real world sources for the Mice Templar story, so when the writer, Bryan J.L. Glass, suggested I knock out one for Samhain, I was happy to oblige. It was also a great excuse for me to break in the new Cintiq for the first time, so it was a win-win.

3 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

Fantastic composition on this Len, and as always, impeccable colour-work. Lends the piece a lovely atmosphere.

Stephen Thompson said...

I love the carved turnip head things in this piece.

LEN said...

The original Jack-o-lanterns: turnips before pumpkins from the New World.