Sunday, October 31, 2010

APT PUPIL by Nick Roche


Like some of my fellow Micks, I too am ill-educated in the ways of Ver King. To my shame, I've seen very few of his films, and read even less of his books. The only exposure to the written King I've had is the Different Seasons anthology. Assuming there'd be a barrage of Stand By Mes and Shawshank Redemptions, I opted to illustrate the War Criminal-Tastic 'Apt Pupil'. I've not seen the film of that either, so it's purely based on my reading of the story about five years ago. Really enjoyed cooking this one up though.

Happy Hallowe'en, Mick-Lickers!

6 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

ooh, love it. Great concept and execution.

Paul F said...

That's a great image. Excellent design.

Stephen Thompson said...

Clever stuff there Nick, and very nicely drawn.

Liam Geraghty said...

Superb design, Nick.

LEN said...

nice one, Nick

Nick said...

Thanks, chill'un. It was an impressive week all-round, I haveta say. You all excelled. Sorry I didn't get to pat you all on the head individually, but I was blown away by you fuckers on a daily basis.