Friday, February 18, 2011

Mr Sandman, Give Me A Pen...

What-ho, Micklickers. This weeks' Roche Trip is brought to you my spindly-armed cohort and Victim-To-Be, Anne-Marie, seen here in a photograph I took earlier of her working up today's offering.

Anyway, over to her to talk all you guys through what she done did:

Well boy (and gurls) The night we first met there was a lot of the usual bullshit one spouts when trying to impress- 'of course I have all the Radiohead back catalogue' or 'Wow, I'm a massive Bowie fan too' and the biggest lie of all 'You like comics? Thats so interesting...' ( I realise now if I hadn't have told that particular lie my house wouldn't be infested with hundreds of plastic japenese toys with their beady little eyes staring at my every move...) He saw this lie as an invitation to foist his 'hobby' on me but thankfully he started with the girlfriend-friendly Sandman collection. In fact he gave me a graphic novel as part of his Christmas presents to me which was partly why I stayed with him for so long...I wanted to see how it ended. I hope you all forgive me for my fourteen year old angst ridden goob child impression of Dream but you can see now why he does the drawing and I don't.

5 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

Wow, inked and all! This is great, A-M. I've seen worse drawings of Sandman in some of the actual books...

PS- Nick, that li'l drawing of Anne-Marie scribbling away is almost too cute to be allowed exist.
So it'll have to be destroyed, I'm afraid.

jacintha said...

That's great...I feel this week has been one big trick to make be embarrass myself on the internet...
Nice work!!

Declan Shalvey said...

This ain't half bad Anne Marie! It's not half good either.

Just kidding!!!

I would have known it was Sandman had you not said, and the helmet is really recognisable and everything.

Nick; that drawing of Anne Marie is adorable. It's like you don't even need her anymore.

soon to be mother-in-law said...

Go Whittle!

Pat said...

Big whittle, that's well good. Good to see nick has rubbed off on you...again. Dirty.
Well done gurl